Learning the art of adorning your style with earrings can be rather tricky and become a task that may prove challenging at first, particularly if you're unacquainted with the various clasp styles. With a plethora of earring fastenings, you might encounter a couple that are unfamiliar. Allow us to serve as your trusted guide, as we teach you the safe and secure way to wear your precious earrings.
Mastering the skill of inserting different types of earrings ensures you achieve your desired ear stack, regardless of style. With each type of earring having its own unique closure, understanding how to fasten them will save you precious time when preparing for any occasion.
Before delving into the methods of inserting various earrings, your first step is to ensure your earrings are clean and sanitized. This practice helps minimize the risk of infection, especially if you've recently pierced your ears and are changing earrings for the first time.
How To Insert Hinged Hoop Earrings
Hinged hoop earrings often prove to be the easiest style to insert. This type of hoop is designed to separate into two halves, earning its name "hinge". When observing the clasp, you might notice a small half hoop that secures the bar, or alternatively, the end of the bar will smoothly slot into the rest of the earring. To learn how to insert hinged hoop earrings, we recommend the following steps:
- Gently pull the hinged clasp apart to open it.
- With your dominant hand, hold the hoop, and with your non-dominant hand, stabilize your earlobe.
- Carefully thread the bar of the hoop through your ear, taking care not to harm yourself or cause any tears.
- Once the entire bar has been threaded through, use your non-dominant hand to bring the back of the hinged hoop earring to meet the bar.
- Apply gentle pressure to connect the two ends of the earring, and you'll likely hear a satisfying click when it's correctly secured.
- If you're having difficulty, try practicing the insertion process with the aid of a freestanding mirror.
How Insert Clasped Hoop Earrings
When it comes to clasped hoop earrings, the method is quite like hinged earrings. However, there is a noteworthy difference between the two styles. Unlike hinged earrings that open nearly in half, clasped hoop earrings have a bar that opens. This bar is then inserted into a secure fixture on the other side of the hoop. For a lavish experience with clasped hoop earrings, we recommend the following steps:
- Start by gently opening the earring, pulling the bar out of the secure clasp.
- Hold the hoop with your dominant hand and your earlobe with your non-dominant hand.
- Begin threading the bar of the hoop through your ear, taking care not to cause any discomfort or tear.
- Once the bar is threaded, use your non-dominant hand to bring the back of the clasped hoop earring to meet the bar.
- With a gentle push, fix the bar into the clasp of the earring, and listen for the satisfying click as it locks into place.
How To Insert Huggie Hoop Earrings
This delicate design is favored by those seeking an elegant ear stack. Though this style features a hinged clasp, it can prove to be quite tricky for first timers. Allow us to guide you through the process:
- Gently pull open the clasp of the huggie.
- Grasp the huggie or mini huggie hoop with your dominant hand.
- With your non-dominant hand, hold your ear lobe or the piercing location.
- Carefully thread the bar of the huggie through the ear, taking care not to cause any harm.
- Use your fingertips for a gentle squeeze to secure the hinge fastening while it sits comfortably in your earlobe.
- Since huggie earrings are relatively small, you might need to place them close to your ear and then twist them into the desired location.
- If you encounter any difficulties, consider using a freestanding mirror for assistance.
How To Insert Butterfly Back Earrings
Now let's delve into the elegance of butterfly back earrings. As one of the most common types of earring back, we use a great deal of these in our earring designs. Follow these steps to master the art of putting in butterfly backed earrings:
- Remove the butterfly back from the bar of your earrings.
- With your dominant hand, hold the earring, and with your non-dominant hand, hold the butterfly back.
- Carefully thread the bar of the earring through your ear.
- Once the bar is fully threaded, place the butterfly back behind your ear onto the back of the bar.
- You might hear a satisfying click sound when the backing is securely fastened.
- If you encounter any difficulties, consider using a freestanding mirror for guidance.
How To Clean Your Earrings
To maintain the allure of your earrings it’s important that you clean them regularly. Here’s an overview of how you can easily maintain them.
- Gently detach the earrings from your piercing.
- Submerge them in a luxurious saline solution.
- Utilize a soft cloth to delicately rid the earrings of any debris or dirt.
- Allow the earrings to air dry in a refined, dry environment.
- For optimal preservation, store your precious adornments in an exquisite jewellery box.
Cleaning your earrings serves as an imperative initial step when mastering the art of donning earrings. Embracing a ritualistic practice of maintaining their cleanliness embodies not only their resplendence but also imbues a sense of confidence. Furthermore, it mitigates the potential risk of infections that may arise from inadvertent tears during the insertion process.
We hope that this serves to give you a detailed guide on how to properly wear your earrings, but should you require any further information on how to pick the perfect earrings for your style, why not check out our revolutionary personality quiz.